The player can play as Cor or Don, famous from the Corendon reclame.
He can switch between these two, both have different options. The game
is an endless runner with an airport setting. The player can collect
suitcases to score points and has to avoid obstacles, like carts and passagers.
By scoring the highest score the player can beat the other scores.
This game was my very first game. I worked in a team of four in the first years project Fasten Your Seatbelts. We had to make an entertainment game for passagers of Corendon.
- Project: Boarding Time
- My Role: project leader, programmer, designer
- Development Time: September 2014 - January 2015
- Current Status: finished
- Tools Used: Processing, Paint
- Language: Java
I learned a lot about programming and working on a game. I guess
I have a nice, basic understanding of making games now. I liked programming
most, but also other aspects of the game, like design and art, were fun
to work on. My participation in this project was pretty large and I must say
I'm pleased with everything I accomplished in just half a year of learning the
It's important though that I learn to deal with feedback and don't be such a boss. I stress a lot and want to do the best I can. This turned out in me organizing meetings and writting a ton of documentation. This project I got the nickname 'Stalin'. I guess that says enough about what I can learn in the next project.
The goal of the game is to get the highest score by staying
in the run as long as possible.
To stay alive the player has to stay away from the left side of the screen and avoid obstacles, like:
- Carts and planes move to the left and hurt the player
- Douane gates block the way for Cor
- Other passagers block the way
To get a nice overview of when and how the screens are changing in the game, we made a flowchart containing all different screens. The screens are:
- Menu, screen with buttons to start and exit the game
- Game, the game itself
- Game Over, screen with game over message and score
- Highscores, screen with overview of top 10 highscores
Our testers were positive about the concept, but the game play had many flaws. That's why we came up with the following improvements:
- More controlled spawning of obstacles
- Make Cor less handy, make Don more important
- Add a life system to make players go game over (because they never did)
- Serious attention for collision debugging
- Add more danger and action on platforms
The player can play as Cor or Don, famous from the Corendon reclame. He can switch between these two, both have different options. The game is an endless runner with an airport setting. The player can collect suitcases to score points and has to avoid obstacles, like carts and passagers. By scoring the highest score the player can beat the other scores. He looses by hitting the left side of the screen.